Helmet Design - Part 4

Another day at the wood workshop at CSM. I finished the 2 parts (upper, lower) of the prototype made out of cardfoam. It had to be very precise because the vaccum forming process doesn't allow any mistake, even a millimeter, into the wooden mold. I cutted every single piece of the helmet into 16mil MDF and I started to sand each side at the right angle to assemble them. This was super difficult to measure and to sand hopefully CSM has great facilities, ressources and staff and I'm quite happy about the work I've done (thank you digital angle measurer). I hope I'll have enough time to finish to sand each piece of wood and stick it together before the end of the week.
Vaccum forming will definitely be the easiest part of the work.

No Response to "Helmet Design - Part 4"

Post a Comment